Document Reader Web Service allows you to work with the SDK and control device operation via a web service. If you need to use Regula devices with web-based solutions, it is the easiest and most recommended method of integration.
- Log in to the system as the administrator.
- Before updating the service, make sure that the Document Reader application has not been launched by any user. If necessary, it can be closed through the task manager.
- Download the service for controlling reader operation at:
Document Reader Web Service full package - it contains all required prerequisites and the SDK for a clean installation from scratch.
Document Reader Web Service without prerequisites - it contains only the installer for updating the already installed service. The file should be placed in the folder containing the previously downloaded prerequisites.
- Unpack and run the installation package.
It is important that the package is unpacked before installation!
- Open the Computer Management panel by right-clicking This PC and selecting the Manage menu item.
- When the installation is complete, Regula SDK Service Host Process should be displayed in the list of services.
- After the service is installed, you can find the examples of using the service with different technologies at С:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Samples\.
- To check the operation of the service, connect the reader to the PC and run the service.
- Open one of these links in your browser https://localhost/regula.sdk.api.web/index.html or http://localhost/regula.sdk.api.web/index.html and then scan a document. The scanning results should be displayed on the opened web page.
See the provided examples and documentation for details on integration using the web service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader Web Service\Documentation\).
SDK configuration settings of the local web service are stored in the following directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\RegulaReader.ini
Make sure, that no process or application is using the selected port (80 or 443 by default)
In case a device doesn't connect after a computer reboot, please make sure you've disabled the FastBoot option.
If you need to change the port and protocol for the Web Service, you can open the Regula.SDK.Service.Host.exe.config file located in the installation directory of the Regula Document Reader Web Service. By default, the installation directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader Web Service. Look for the line starting with <add key="ServiceAddress and modify it as desired:
For HTTP: <add key="ServiceAddress" value="http://localhost:80" />
For HTTPS: <add key="ServiceAddress" value="https://localhost:442" />
After making these changes, you should restart the Regula SDK Service Host Process service for the changes to take effect.
If you have any further questions, send us a request at email@example.com.