Document Reader Web Service allows you to work with the SDK and control device operation via a web service. If you need to use Regula devices with web-based solutions, it is the easiest and most recommended method of integration.
- Log in to the system as the administrator.
- Before updating the service, make sure that the Document Reader application has not been launched by any user. If necessary, it can be closed through the task manager.
- Download the service for controlling reader operation at:
Document Reader Web Service full package - it contains all required prerequisites and the SDK for a clean installation from scratch.
Document Reader Web Service without prerequisites - it contains only the installer for updating the already installed service. The file should be placed in the folder containing the previously downloaded prerequisites.
- Unpack and run the installation package.
It is important that the package is unpacked before installation!
- Open the Computer Management panel by right-clicking "This PC" and selecting the "Manage" menu item.
- When the installation is complete, "Regula SDK Service Host Process" should be displayed in the list of services.
- After the service is installed, you can find the examples of using the service with different technologies at c:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Samples\.
- To check the operation of the service, connect the reader to the PC and run the service.
- Open one of these links in your browser https://localhost/regula.sdk.api.web/ or http://localhost/regula.sdk.api.web/ and then scan a document. The scanning results should be displayed on the opened web page.
See the provided examples and documentation for details on integration using the web service (C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader Web Service\Documentation\).
SDK configuration settings of the local web service are stored in the following directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\RegulaReader.ini
Make sure, that no process or application is using the selected port (80 or 443 by default)
In case a device doesn't connect after a computer reboot, please make sure you've disabled the FastBoot option.
If you have any further questions, send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.