Realizing customers’ need in the most comprehensive and up-to-date database of security documents and banknotes, we continuously improve our Information Reference Databases (IRS) by adding new and updating existing descriptions. We release database updates on a weekly basis, so our users can easily obtain and install these updates regularly.
There are two ways of updating the IRS database. The first way – Auto-update from Internet – is suitable when at least one database user has active Internet connection on his workstation. It is enabled by default in the client application settings.
The second way – Manual update from the local folder – should be applied when there’s no Internet connection available on IRS users’ workstations. In this case, the update files should be downloaded on any computer and placed to a folder accessible by one of the IRS users’ workstation.
Auto-update from Internet
By default IRS databases are updated automatically by the client application. If not, please check your settings as described below.
- Open the settings panel in your client application (depending on the delivery it may be Passport, Currency, AutoDocs, FDS, or SDU application).
- Enable checkbox Check for updates to automatically request Regula Update Server for database updates during program startup.
- Make sure that Internet is selected in the section Download updates from (as seen on the previous screenshot).
- If you need to share updates with workstations that use the Regula ISS with another database instance, enable the Save updates copy checkbox and enter the path to the folder that is accessible by computers that are supposed to carry out a manual update procedure.
- Click Updates button on the application control panel:
- Click Available updates… button in the appeared panel:
- Click Check for updates button in the appeared modal window Available updates:
- If an Internet connection is not working, you should see the message "Update server is not available".
In this case, we recommend repeating the configuration steps described above. If that does not help, contact your system administrator to check the Internet connection on your computer.
- After successful connection to the server you should see a list of available updates:
- Select the updates using the link Select All and click the Install You may close the window and continue your work with the application while the updates being downloaded and installed. The progress will be displayed on the Available updates button and on the Updates button. Please be patient, the update process can take a lot of time due to a large size of data files.
Manual update from the local folder
IRS database update can be done without active Internet connection. To do so, perform two consecutive steps:
- Download (or acquire any other way) the update in form of data files.
- Update the database from the folder where the files were saved.
It is preferable to download files using workstation connected to Internet with IRS client application. Refer to the p.4 of the previous instruction when performing regular database update procedure. All the required files would be saved in the specified folder where they could be used for the manual update described below.
If it is not possible to use client application for the download, you can acquire the files using Regula Downloader utility.
- Download and run Regula.Downloader.exe.
- Before you start downloading the files, you need to know your database version number. You can get it in your client application by opening the Help window (? on the control panel):
In this example it is 5.0.5.
- Next, check the utility for the latest database version number (Database version field):
If it is greater than the number of your database, then your database is out of date, so you need to download the full update package: change Database version field to All:
If your database is relevant, i.e. its version number is the same as the number in the utility, do not change anything.
- Click Check updates and wait until the files are downloaded. They will be placed in the same folder where Regula.Downloader.exe is located.
When all the necessary files were downloaded and placed in a folder that is accessible for client application, you can make a manual update of the database.
- Run the client application and click Updates button on the application control panel.
- Click Available updates… button in the appeared panel.
- Click Manual update button in the appeared modal window Available updates. Point to the folder were updates files were saved:
- If the location is correct, a list of updated documents and banknotes will be shown:
Select the updates using the link Select All and click the Install button. You may close the window and continue your work with the application while the updates being downloaded and installed. The progress will be displayed on the Available updates button and on the Updates button. Please be patient, the update process can take a lot of time due to a large size of data files.