Regula Document Reader SDK includes document templates database which makes it possible to identify, recognize, obtain data and verify security documents.
By default Regula Document Reader SDK is installed with the World Docs database edition. In order to install the full database edition All Docs*, download the .msi or .exe package for the latest SDK version and run it. When the All Docs database is installed, the updates will be automatically downloaded for this database edition.
* All Docs database edition, which includes US & CA DL and IDs, requires a separate license. Please contact us for details.
We are constantly updating this database by adding new and improving existing document templates.
If your workstation with Regula document reader connected to it has active Internet connection, you can install database updates automatically when they are available. Just make sure you have enabled Check for updates option in Document Reader application settings:
You can also enable auto-update without user notification by checking Allow silent DB update option. Please be aware that template database has large size (>300 MB) and requires time to download and install.
If you PC has no active Internet connection you can update template database manually. The updates of the World Docs and All Docs databases are available as .msi or .exe packages, and also as a .dat file of the database.
To install the .dat file of the database, follow the below steps:
- Download the latest .dat file of the World Docs or All Docs database from the Regula server.
- Place the file to the database update folder of Document Reader SDK. By default, this folder is "C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Updates\data". Rename the file to data.dat.
- Delete folder "C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Updates\bin".
- Next time you run document reader application you will be using the latest database.