If you encounter data transfer issues such as document detection errors, corrupted image and data etc., please check your PC’s motherboard configuration. It is known that PCs with motherboards based on Intel H81/H87/Q87/Z87 chipsets in some cases have incompatibility issues with Regula Document Readers and Forensic Devices being connected to USB 3.0 ports.
Please use USB 2.0 ports to connect Regula Document Reader. If it is not possible try to do the following:
- Update USB 3.0 drivers for your PC. It is possible to download it from Intel web-site.
- Update your motherboard BIOS. You can obtain new BIOS version from your motherboard’s manufacturer.
- Change BIOS Setup settings the following way:
- XHCI mode = Manual
- XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Disabled
- Route USB 2.0 Pins to which HC = Route all Pins to EHCI
- Enable USB 3.0 pins = Enable all pins
- XHCI Hand off = Enabled
- EHCI Hand off = Disabled
Warning! Please revert all BIOS settings to default values before installing/reinstalling Windows operating system.