The device calibration is intended for ensuring both accurate color reproduction of the object on the scanned images and also for software compensation of the document lighting unevenness and geometrical distortions. All the devices are already calibrated during production, and do not require frequent calibration while normal functioning.
Before running calibration please make sure you have two printed test objects included in the delivery. If they are not available please create them yourself:
1. Print out the test object #1.pdf file which is located in the Document Reader SDK folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Doc by default). For your convenience we have attached this file to the article. When printing be sure to disable document scaling!
2. Cut out the test object along its outer lines.
3. Repeat this procedure with the second file test object #2.pdf.
To calibrate the device please follow these procedure:
1. In your document reading application run command RPRM_Command_Calibration if it is available (the way to run it depends on your application) or execute Document Reader application, then press and hold Left Ctrl button and open menu File/Device/Calibrate…
2. After a dialogue window appeared place Test-object Side 1 (with its white side downwards to the glass) on the reader object plate up to the stop against the left and back panels. Press OK button.
3. After the second dialogue window appeared place Test-object Side 2 (chess board) on the reader object plate up to the stop against the left and back panels. Press OK button.
4. Your device is calibrated and ready to operate.
Files for test object printing: