Updating license is done when you run Regula Keys application and you have device connected AND your PC is connected to the Internet. In some cases (e.g. no Internet connection) it is required to update license manually. Here is the workflow:
- download latest devices.dat file
- IMPORTANT!!! Your internet browser may rename downloaded file to something like "devices (1).dat". In such case you have to delete existing file and rename freshly downloaded one to "devices.dat"
- connect device/dongle to be updated
- run "Regula Keys" application
- click "Manual update" button
- in pop-up window navigate to downloaded file and select it and click "Open" button
- wait for update process to finish. Application will hang for a couple of seconds, license tabs will disappear and appear again.
- (for Document Reader SDK only) copy devices.dat file to SDK installation folder (by default: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader SDK\")