To connect a Regula document reader to a remote PC via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and then process documents on it, make the following changes on the remote PC and on the PC to which the reader is connected.
Changing group policy settings:
- Run the Group Policy Editor from the Start menu.
- Disable the following option: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Device and Resource Redirection -> "Do not allow supported Plug and Play device redirection".
- Enable the following option: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Connection Client -> RemoteFX USB Device Redirection -> "Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX USB devices from this computer".
- Change Access permissions from "Administrators only" to "Administrators and users".
- Save the changes.
Applying the changes:
Then, you need to apply the changes you made in the Group Policy Editor settings. To do this, follow the steps below:
- open the command line (press Win+R, type cmd and click OK);
- enter GPUpdate /force and press Enter;
- restart the PC.
Connecting the reader via RDP:
- Run the Remote Desktop Service (press Win+R, type mstsc and click OK).
- Enter the address of the remote PC and click the Show parameters button.
- In the Local Resources tab, select Details.
- Select the redirected devices as shown below:
- Click OK.
- Connect to the remote PC.
- Run the Document Reader application.
- Connect the reader in the application.
- Scan a document.