This article describes how to install and configure the application Regula Document Reader SDK for working with a fingerprint scanner.
- Download and install Regula Document Reader SDK (version 5.5 or higher) using the Regula Downloads Manager application.
- In the Regula Downloads Manager application, open the tab Document Reader SDK and select the latest version of Document Reader SDK (exe) and click Download.
- Once downloaded, run the SDK installation package and follow the instructions of the installer.
- After the installation is complete, run the Regula Document Reader application and select the General tab.
- Connect a fingerprint scanner to your PC.
- Check the Auto scan fingerprint option and specify the libraries for scanning and comparing fingerprints as shown in the figure:
- Click OK.
- In the RFID chip tab, check the box Biometry - Fingerprint(s) (DG3).
- Place the certificates required to read the DG3 group in the folder C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Regula\PKD
- Scan a document.
- After that, a window for scanning fingerprints will open:
- Put your finger on the scanner. Please pay attention to which finger should be scanned. This information is displayed in the upper left corner of the scan window.
- Click Scan fingerprint.
- Evaluate the scan results.