Document Reader SDK version 6.3 is available for immediate download and can be obtained from the links below:
- Separate installation executable SDK
- Separate .msi installation packages
- Separate installation executable SDK x64
- Separate .msi installation packages x64
It is also available for download using our Regula Downloads Manager tool.
Please review the release notes and change list since 6.2 prior to installing this release:
- Improved the OCR recognition quality for Arabic and Persian.
- Added new perforated fonts for Belgium, Mauritania, Ukraine.
- Updated parsers:
- Belarus Passport
- Mexico Residence Card
- Thailand Passport
- Updated parsers:
- Added new parsers:
- Barbados Driving License
- Belgium Passport
- Colombia Residence Permit
- Ethiopia Resident Card
- India Driving License
- Updated parsers:
- Argentina Passport
- Mozambique Voter Card
- Fixed the issue with generating the default ft_Other field if no parser available. Now UTF8 is correctly detected, and only printable characters are included.
- Fixed the issue with reading blurred QR codes.
- Added new parsers:
- Text data parsing and validation
- Added parsing and conversion of Ethiopian calendar dates into Gregorian and creation of additional fields of the same type as original with LCID equal to 0.
- Added the possibility to split ft_Surname_And_Given_Names into separate ft_First_Name, ft_Second_Name, ft_Third_Name, ft_Fourth_Name, ft_Last_Name fields in results when the processParam.splitNames parameter is set to true.
- Fixed the issue with the output of ft_Date_of_Expiry for documents with indefinite validity (year 2100).
- Fixed the issue with not parsing Cyrillic names from DG11 in Belarussian documents.
- Fixed the issue with the Date of expiry field validity check for Persian dates.
- Fixed the issue with separating full names in camel case into surname and given name, where one letter shortened names were considered surnames.
- Optimized resources storage for Cyrillic authority codes translation and Chinese Unicode translation into separate files.
- Improved the algorithm of checking image patterns. Implemented a dynamic adaptive luminescence threshold for checking specific elements.
- Improved the algorithm of checking false luminescence which provided more precise positioning of the template, support of transparent windows, support of color stripes.
- Fixed the issue with UV Dull Paper check on unknown documents.
- Fixed the issue with using glare presence information when performing authenticity checks.
- Added RPRM_DeviceAdditionalFeature_ExternalPower, a new eRPRM_DeviceAdditionalFeature enum member.
- Added new eVisualFieldType enum members:
- Added a new DpiIn member to the TBoundsResult struct to hold the original input physical resolution.
- Added parsing of a China ID encrypted photo into a portrait graphic field on Android.
- Added a multipage request for ID2 format ID documents in the MrzAndLocate scenario.
- Fixed the issue with incorrect calculation of “status.detailsOptical.docType” when one of the document pages was not recognized.
- Fixed the issue with portrait detection on unknown documents when a ghost photo was selected instead of the main one.
- Fixed the issue with handling images with negative height in header.
- Fixed the issue with handling some cases of PDF parsing that led to errors.
- Moved most of static text from code to resource files.
- Code quality improved with lots of small issues fixed.
- Documentation updated.
Core RFID SDK
- Added support for obtaining a master list for Passive Authentication from TCC (as per BSI TR-03129) by setting the “tccParams.serviceUrlPA” parameter.
- Added support for working with TCC on mobile OS (Android and iOS).
- Added the possibility to pass certificates not only by URL, but explicitly in the RFID_Command_Set_TCC_Params parameters in “tccParams.pfxCert”.
- Updated parameter name for setting TCC Terminal Authentication URL to “tccParams. serviceUrlTA”.
- Fixed the issue with calculating SharedSecret for DH-scheme in PACE that led to failing PACE in some cases.
Desktop web service
- Fixed the issue with RFIDManualDetection property not working.
- Fixed the issue with Passive Authentication status calculation when some of the notifications were ignored.
- Added parametrization support for 3M/Gemalto/Thales readers via the JSON settings file. Details on request.
- Added the capability to determine how a device is powered (external/USB) for 3M/Gemalto/Thales readers and return this in the DeviceFeatures property.
- Fixed the issue with camera view area when applying calibration parameters for some Regula readers.
- Changed the default hologram guidance animation. The animation shows different images for ID and Passport documents and is selected automatically based on the scanned document type.
- Fixed getting DocumentReaderGraphicField based on eRPRM_ResultType for the Manual Crop functionality when a user turned on returnUncroppedImage in process params.
- Added the -[setTCCParams:completion:] method to the DocReader instance. The method call sets the given TCCParams to the RFID session. These parameters are required to be set before starting an RFID session.
- Added the TCCParams configuration model. It contains TCC service-related parameters for the RFID session configuration.
- Added customization for hologram guidance animation. You can set your custom UIImageem> to animate instead of the default one with the hologramAnimationImageem> property. This property can be set during the scanning process to tailor the user experience for different types of documents.
- Added customization for hologram guidance animation to control vertical position with the hologramAnimationPositionMultiplier property.
- Added customization for hologram guidance animation to control contentMode for the image with the hologramAnimationImageContentMode property.
- Added the RGLImageQualityCheckTypeHandwritten case for the RGLImageQualityCheckType enumeration.
- Added the expectedPass property of the type NSArray for the RGLImageQA object. This option controls the quality checks that the image should pass to be considered a valid input during the scanning process.
- Added NS_SWIFT_NAME for RGLImageQA. Now the Swift compiler will suggest renaming RGLImageQA to ImageQA.
- Changed RGLImageQualityCheckType to be NS_TYPED_ENUM instead of NS_ENUM. This allows the usage of NSArray of RGLImageQualityCheckType instead of NSNumber wrapped around enumeration values. If you ever compared two values of RGLImageQualityCheckType with the == operator, please make sure to update your code to use the -[isEqualTo:] method instead.
- Changed the prefix from RGLE to RGL for the RGLImageQualityCheckType cases. For example, RGLEImageQualityCheckTypeImageGlares became RGLImageQualityCheckTypeImageGlares. The same rule applies to all cases from the RGLImageQualityCheckType enumeration. This change makes the usage of the enumeration values in Swift more natural. For example, RGLEImageQualityCheckTypeImageGlares turns into ImageQualityCheckType.imageGlares.
- Fixed completion with Error where instead of NSError the compilation call could have NSString.
- Fixed the layout issue with the customization.resultStatus label going outside of the screen bounds if the text is too long.
- Fixed the multiple crop results issue when a crop button was pressed multiple times on a photo edit screen.
- Added the setTCCParams method to the DocumentReader instance. This method call sets the given TCCParams to the RFID session. The parameters are required to be set before starting the RFID session.
- Added the TCCParams model. It contains TCC service-related parameters for the RFID session configuration.
- Added customization for the hologram guidance animation. You can set your custom Drawable to animate instead of the default one with the hologramAnimationImage property. This property can be set during the scanning process to tailor the user experience for different types of documents.
- Added customization for the hologram guidance animation to control vertical position with the сustomHologramPositionMultiplier property.
- Added customization for the hologram guidance animation to control ImageView.ScaleType for the image with the hologramAnimationImageScaleType property and Matrix for the image with the hologramAnimationImageMatrix property.
- Added the IQC_HANDWRITTEN case for the eImageQualityCheckType enumeration.
- Added the expectedPass property for ImageQA object. This option controls the quality checks that the image should pass to be considered a valid input during the scanning process.
- Migrated to support AndroidX.
Document Reader Application
- Added the ShowResultLED parameter in the Options dialog on the Results tab.
- Added the HealthCheck method for obtaining the current device status in JSON. Now returns the optical and RFID readers readiness status. Can be extended in future.
- Added the ShowResultLED property for enabling/disabling the display of overall processing result on the device LED. Enabled by default (Boolean, read/write).
Web Service API
- Demo site
- Added the Barcode section display to the Response tab if the barcode result is present
- Added a display of the field language in the field type in the results table.
- Fixed the visibility of the field type in the results table for the recently added.
- Updated Open API specification on GitHub.
- Updated clients and packages.
- The first release of the web components for client side in-browser automatic capture and processing of the ID documents.
- The web components are based on WebAssembly (.wasm module) that is our core C++ code compiled for use in browser, wrapped with JS layer. It is exactly the same code as built for all the other platform SDK packages.
- The demo version is always available here.
- The main features:
- All processing is done on the client side in a browser. No data leaves the browser, nothing is sent to the server, except for the licensing request.
- Automatic document location and cropping.
- Automatic image quality assessment: resolution, focus, glares.
- Automatic multiple pages capture support for ID documents (ID1, ID2).
- Automatic MRZ reading.
- Automatic face detection and cropping as Portrait graphic field.
- The Locate, Mrz, MrzAndLocate, and MrzOrLocate scenarios are currently supported.
- Works in any modern browser, both desktop and mobile.
- Customization of Font, Font size, Theme color.
- Full screen capture support.
- Localization support for 32 languages.
- Results have the same format as in all other platforms of the Document Reader SDK.
- Windows Desktop API
- Regula Licensing package version 184.108.40.206 included.
- Regula Reader Drivers package 1.8.20 with the Regula camera driver version 10.5.10.20 included.
- Added the capability to license web components deployed on the website without using the license file. For this case, you need to provide domain name(s) on purchase, so it will be checked automatically when using the web components on your website.
- Web components are always licensed as transaction based.
- ICAO PKD master list version 201 included.
- ICAO Health master list included.
- Fixed issues in over 20 document templates for better quality results.
- Retrained all templates to support updated image patterns and false luminescence check algorithm.
- Included 248 countries and territories, 10576 documents.
- Added 139 new documents.
- For details see the Supported documents list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.