The Regula SDK software package, provided with our readers has several levels of document verification, based on customer’s requirements for product deployment.
- Basic: Document scanning and image capture, MRZ reading and checking, RFID reading and checking, photo cropping, 1D/2D barcode reading, cross-verification between MRZ/RFID/Barcode, B900IR check, UV dull paper check;
- VizOCR module: Optical character recognition software – reading data from visual part of document page (ICAO and non-ICAO);
- Automatic Authenticity Control module (AAC): Automatic authenticity verification: cross-verification between MRZ/RFID/Barcode/Viz, UV pattern checks, security text checks, UV security fibers checks, IR pattern checks, Retroreflective light (3M Confirm laminate) check, IPI visualization;
- Full Package: Basic SDK + VizOCR + AAC.
Regula SDK can be used with Regula Hardware as well as with 3rd-party document readers. That is why we have two options for pricing and annual updates.
For Regula SDK deployed with document readers, manufactured by Regula:
Each document reader manufactured by Regula is supplied by default with a perpetual Basic SDK license at no cost to deploy and no update costs to a client. The deployment and annual update costs are associated only with licenses for VizOCR, AAC modules or Full SDK option. Based on customer’s needs, we can offer two licensing models:
1. A perpetual license, included in the initial hardware cost, with low-cost annual updates, starting from the year.
2. Annually updated fixed-cost license.
In either case, the cost of a license depends on the size of a deployment, modules to be deployed and terms of payment (semi-annual, annual, multi-year upfront payment).
For Regula SDK deployed with document readers, manufactured by 3rd party (new deployments or legacy products):
When Regula SDK is deployed with 3rd-party document readers, the only option available is the annually updated fixed-cost license. For such deployment, the annual cost is associated with licenses for all SDK modules: Basic, VizOCR, and AAC. The cost of a license depends on the size of a deployment, modules to be deployed and terms of payment (semi-annual, annual, multi-year upfront payment).
Date of last revision: 17.06.2019