When installing, updating or uninstalling software for Regula Document Readers it is possible to specify command line parameters for fully unattended (silent) work with no window pop-ups or user input. Using command line you can select what components to install or to uninstall, and what options should be used during installation.
Installation package components
Document Reader SDK software is released as one executable file Regula Document Reader SDK.exe which contains four installation files:
- Regula Document Reader SDK.msi – software components for Regula Document Readers.
- Regula Reader Documents Database.msi – document templates database which is used by the software for security document detection, recognition, analysis and authenticity verification. Without this database the software can read only MRZ part of a document.
- Regula Reader Drivers (x64).msi – 64-bit Windows device drivers for Regula readers.
- Regula Reader Drivers (x86).msi – 32-bit Windows device drivers for Regula readers.
For user convenience four installation files can be supplied separately making possible to perform selective component installation, e.g. SDK software without template database.
To install separate components in automated mode with default options please use the following command lines:
msiexec /i "Regula Document Reader SDK.msi" /qn
msiexec /i "Regula Reader Documents Database.msi" /qn
msiexec /i "Regula Reader Drivers (x86).msi" /qn
msiexec /i "Regula Reader Drivers (x64).msi" /qn
To uninstall components please use the following command lines:
msiexec /x "Regula Document Reader SDK.msi" /qn
msiexec /x "Regula Reader Documents Database.msi" /qn
msiexec /x "Regula Reader Drivers (x86).msi" /qn
msiexec /x "Regula Reader Drivers (x64).msi" /qn
Command line parameters for Regula Document Reader SDK.msi
Regula Document Reader SDK.msi installation file contains the following components (features):
- DocumentReaderSDK – applications, modules and libraries for optical recognition and processing for security documents.
- RFIDReaderSDK –modules and libraries for RFID chip reading.
- Samples – user manuals, instructions, source codes and examples for users and developers.
It is possible to specify installation folder other than default for each of the components.
Also the installation file has three options that could be specified by command line:
- Automatically send anonymous error reports when working with Regula readers.
- Create shortcuts on Windows Desktop.
- Create sub-menu and shortcut in Windows Start Menu.
To run automated unattended installation of Regula Document Reader SDK.msi you can use the following command line parameters:
- /qn – “silent” mode with no windows or user input;
- ADDLOCAL=feature1,feature2,feature3 – list of components to be installed (note that component names are case sensitive!);
- REMOVE= feature1,feature2,feature3 – list of components to be uninstalled;
- DOCUMENT_READER_SDK="drive:\path" – folder for DocumentReaderSDK component installation;
- RFID_READER_SDK="drive:\path" – folder for RFIDReaderSDK component installation;
- SAMPLES="drive:\path" – folder for Samples component installation;
- SENDSTATISTICS=1 или 0 – option to send automated error reports;
- CREATESHORTCUT=1 или 0 – option to create desktop shortcuts;
- CREATESTART=1 или 0 – option to create Start Menu shortcuts;
- SCARDSERV=1 или 0 - option to disable Certificate Propagation Service;
- STARTUP= 1 или 0 - add the Document Reader application to startup.
Here is an example of command line for installing two of three components to folders specified by user, with error reporting but without shortcuts:
msiexec /i "Regula Document Reader SDK.msi" /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=Samples DOCUMENT_READER_SDK="C:\Regula\SDK" RFID_READER_SDK="C:\Regula\RFID" SENDSTATISTICS=1 CREATESHORTCUT=0 CREATESTART=0
Command line for .EXE file
You can use the same command line for .EXE installation package, specifying it after /v option. Also you should use /s option to turn off windows and prompts from .EXE installation file.
Previous example when used with .EXE installation file will transform to the following command line:
"Regula Document Reader SDK.exe" /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=Samples DOCUMENT_READER_SDK=\"C:\Regula\SDK\" RFID_READER_SDK=\"C:\Regula\RFID\" SENDSTATISTICS=1 CREATESHORTCUT=0 CREATESTART=0"
Please note that command line for .MSI installation file passed through /v option should be wrapped in double quotes. Any double quotes in command line should be escaped by backslash symbol \.