When working with Regula document readers it is possible to perform the following types of face comparison:
- Compare the facial image obtained from the document data page with the facial image extracted from the RFID chip of the document.
- Compare the facial image obtained from the document data page with the facial image received from a camera.
- Compare the facial image extracted from the RFID chip of the document with the facial image received from a camera.
Using the Regula Downloads Manager application, download and install Regula Document Reader SDK.
- Download and install Regula Face Processing Service as well (CPU or GPU version, at the user's choice).
- Connect a document reader Regula that has an active Live Face Comparison SDK license (to get the license, contact your regional manager or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org) to your PC.
- Run the installed application Document Reader and click the "Connect" button to connect the reader.
- Open the Options menu and configure the following settings:
Description of the settings:
- Live comparison — comparison of the facial image obtained from the document (or extracted from the RFID chip) with the facial image captured from the video stream.
- Auto live capture on scan — capturing video in the process of scanning a document.
- Capture in parallel with scan — capturing video simultaneously with the scanning process.
- Show capture window — displays the video capture window.
External Camera section:
- Type — specifies the type of the connected video camera.
- Camera URL — specifies the URL of an IP camera.
- Active device — selection of the video camera from the drop-down list of available devices.
- Resolution — selection of the video resolution from the drop-down list.
- Rotation — selection of the video rotation type from the drop-down list.
- Depth — not set (used for cameras with a depth map).
- Save faces — saving images of detected faces.
- Save video — saving the video of an image capture session.
- Capture results to scan folder — save the results to the folder containing scan results.
- Video quality — the quality of the saved video in percent.
- Face width threshold, % — minimum width of a face relative to the width of the video frame in percent.
- Timeout — maximum allowed time for capturing a facial image in the frame, in ms.
Face API section:
- Type — type of connection to Regula Face Processing Service
1. Local — the service is installed on the PC to which the document reader is connected.
2. Custom — the service is installed on a remote computer in the network.
3. Internet — in this case, requests will be sent to Regula servers (requires Internet connection).
- Service URL — the URL (server_address:41101) of Regula Face Processing Service that is used when the Custom connection type is selected.
- Threshold — the minimum threshold for matching faces in percent; "75" by default.
- Service timeout — the maximum allowed time to get a response, in ms.