Follow the steps below to update your device:
- Install the Regula Downloads Manager (more information here).
- Download the latest version of the SDK using the Regula Downloads Manager:
- Download 7308 service using Regula Downloads Manager:
- Download Protect.bat
- Download UnProtect.bat
- This step is required only for device with 2Gb RAM. Download the latest version of the database (db.dat). The database is available for download here.
Remove the batteries from the device.
Connect the 7308 to the monitor via the hdmi port.
Connect a mouse and keyboard to the 7308 via the USB port (you can use a USB hub for this).
Connect an AC adapter to the 7308.
- Turn on the device and log into Windows, using "1" (without the quotes) as your password.
- Go to:
- for x64 version of system: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\ Document Reader SDK\
- for x86 version of system: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\
- Move Unprotect.bat and Protect.bat (step 4 and 5) to an empty USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB drive with Unprotect.bat and Protect.bat into the 7308 device.
- Run Unprotect.bat (step 5) as admimistator.
- Restart Windows
- Uninstall Regula: Regula Document Reader SDK (Regula Document Reader SDK x64), Regula Reader Documents Database, Regula Licensing, Regula Reader Drivers (x86 or x64).
- Install the latest downloaded SDK Regula Document Reader SDK (step 2), please make sure you have unchecked Help Us to improve your software during installation process.
- Install 7308 service (step 3) service and use the following parameters (the settings below by default):
Domain = Computer name (for example Regula7308-0022)
User name = user
Password = 1
- Restart the device and make sure it’s working properly.
- Shutdown the device using the power button
- Unplug the power cable, HDMI cable and waiting got 30 seconds
- Plug in the power and HDMI cables and power on the device.
- Make sure you have the following components in the Windows Device Manager:
Forensic Device→Regula Document Reader; Smart card reader→Regula RFID Reader.
- Go to:
- for x64 version of Windows C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\ Document Reader SDK\
- for x86 version of Windows
- C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\
- This step is required only for device with 2Gb RAM go to:
- for x64 Windows and x86 SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Data
- for x86 Windows : C:\Program Files\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Data
- Run Protect.bat (step 4) as admimistator.
- Shutdown the device, unplug the power cable and wait for 30 seconds
- Power on the device and make sure it’s working properly.