Follow the steps below to update your device:
- Install the Regula Downloads Manager (more information here).
- Download and extract the latest version of the SDK by this link.
- Download 7308 service using Regula Downloads Manager:
- Download Protect.bat file.
- Download UnProtect.bat file.
- Download UpdateBootloader archive and extract it.
Remove the batteries from the device.
Connect the 7308 to the monitor via the hdmi port.
Connect a mouse and keyboard to the 7308 via the USB port (you can use a USB hub for this).
Connect an AC adapter to the 7308.
- Turn on the device and log into Windows, using "1" (without the quotes) as your password.
- Go to:
- for x64 version of system: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\ Document Reader SDK\
- for x86 version of system: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\
- Move Unprotect.bat, Protect.bat and UpdateBootloader(step 4, 5 and 6) to an empty USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB drive with Unprotect.bat, Protect.bat and UpdateBootloader(step 4, 5 and 6) into the 7308 device.
- Run Unprotect.bat (step 5) as administrator.
- Restart Windows
- This step is required for devices produced before 1 of January 2022, otherwise, skip it. In order to apply a correct updating process, you need to update camera bootloader, please follow steps:
- To check the driver version and PID/VID of your device, press Win+R and type devmgmt.msc. Click OK.
- In the device list, find the Forensic Devices section and select your device.
- Make sure that the version of the driver you are using is at least10.5.10.5.
- Go to Details and select Hardware IDs in Property menu
- If the equipment VID contains c006 — no update is required.
- Make sure you use Regula driver version starting from 10.5.10.5.
- In case, you use Windows 8, please, run Windows Modules Installer service and set its Startup type to Auto.
- Check the bootloader version you have. In case, it's different from B0, please update it. To perform scanning for all connected devices and define their bootloaders' types - run the rglscan.bat(step6 ) file.
- To perform updating the bootloader on all the connected devices with the transferring to the bootloader type B0 - run the rgltob0.bat(step6 ) file.
- Now you can check the new bootloader version by running rglscan.bat(step 6) file again.
- Uninstall Regula: Regula Document Reader SDK (Regula Document Reader SDK x64), Regula Reader Documents Database, Regula Licensing, Regula Reader Drivers (x86 or x64).
- Install the latest downloaded SDK Regula Document Reader SDK (step 2), please make sure you have unchecked Help Us to improve your software during installation process.
- Install 7308 service (step 3) service and use the following parameters (the settings below by default):
Domain = Computer name (for example Regula7308-0022)
User name = user
Password = 1
- Restart the device and make sure it’s working properly.
- Shutdown the device using the power button
- Unplug the power cable, HDMI cable and waiting got 30 seconds
- Plug in the power and HDMI cables and power on the device.
- Make sure you have the following components in the Windows Device Manager:
Forensic Device→Regula Document Reader; Smart card reader→Regula RFID Reader.
- Go to:
- for x64 version of Windows C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\ Document Reader SDK\
- for x86 version of Windows
- C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Regula\Document Reader SDK\
- This step is required only for device with 2Gb RAM go to:
- for x64 Windows and x86 SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Data
- for x86 Windows : C:\Program Files\Regula\Document Reader SDK\Data
- Run Protect.bat (step 4) as admimistator.
- Shutdown the device, unplug the power cable and wait for 30 seconds
- Power on the device and make sure it’s working properly.
Please sign in to leave a comment.