Starting with Document Reader SDK 6.1, Face SDK (Face processing service) is required to compare face images in documents. The previous face comparison functionality has been removed from the SDK and is no longer available in further versions.
Below are possible cases that users may encounter after installing Document Reader SDK 6.1:
- Most users whose PCs are connected to the document reader and have access to the Internet will be able to get face comparison results as before, provided the option Internet is enabled in Options→Live comparison→Face API:
- If there is no Internet access, users will receive the following notification in the results:
If you do not have access to the Internet, there are two ways to solve this issue:
- Using Regula Downloads Manager, download and install Face SDK (Face processing service) locally on your PC:
- In the section Options→Live comparison→Face API, enable the parameter Local:
- In the section Options→Device, disable the option Comparison of the portraits:
In this case, the face comparison functionality will not be available.