To provide complete and comprehensive information about security documents and banknotes, we continuously work on adding new document descriptions and expanding the existing ones. We constantly update our product, and the users of our information reference systems (IRS) can independently download and install the necessary updates.
There are two ways of updating the IRS:
Once the database has been updated, you can check which updates have been installed.
Update with Internet access
By default IRS are updated automatically by the client application. If not, please check your settings as described below.
- Open the settings panel in the client application (Passport, Currency, AutoDocs, FDS or SDU).
- Make sure that the option Update database automatically is enabled. If this option is disabled, enable it and click Apply.
If the option Update database automatically is disabled:
- Click the button Updates in the application control panel
- Click the button Check for updates in the appeared panel on the right.
- If the update is successful, you will see the following notification:
If there is no Internet connection, you will see the message Update source is not available. In this case, go through the configuration steps again. If it does not help, contact your system administrator to check the Internet connection on your computer.
Update without Internet access
To update IRS, you will need a computer with Internet connection anyway but it may be a different computer in any other place from where you can later copy the downloaded update files.
- Use the application Regula Download Manager to download updates in the form of data files on another computer with Internet access.
- In Regula Download Manager select the required version of the product and specify the path to the folder where the update files will be downloaded.
- In the drop-down menu, select the period of time for which you want to download updates.
- Copy the downloaded update files and transfer them to a separate folder on the computer with the installed IRS.
In case of local installation (both client and service are installed on the same PC), you can install updates via the client application:
- Open the tab Settings and connections in the settings panel and click Install updates
- In the opened window, select the folder with the downloaded updates
- Click Apply
If the data service is installed on the server, the updates should be placed in the corresponding default folder for each of the IRS products:
Autodocs Brief - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Autodocs Brief\Updates
Autodocs Express - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Autodocs Express\Updates
Autodocs Forensic - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Autodocs Forensic\Updates
Currency Brief - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Currency Brief\Updates
Currency Express - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Currency Express\Updates
Currency Forensic - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Currency Forensic\Updates
FDS Brief - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\FDS Brief\Updates
FDS Express - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\FDS Express\Updates
FDS Forensic - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\FDS Forensic\Updates
Passport Brief - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Passport Brief\Updates
Passport Express - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Passport Express\Updates
Passport Forensic - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\Passport Forensic\Updates
SDU Brief - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\SDU Brief\Updates
SDU Express - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\SDU Express\Updates
SDU Forensic - C:\Users\Public\Documents\Regula\SDU Forensic\Updates
It is also possible to change the default folder in the data service control panel. The control panel is located in the installation folder of the data service (the example is given for the IRS Passport):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Regula\Passport Data Service\IRS Control Panel.exe
Launch the control panel of the data service and in the opened window in the field Update path, specify the folder where the downloaded updates are located. Then reload the service by clicking the button Restart.
If necessary, in the field Save updates copy in, select the folder where the updates from the folder set in the field Update path will be copied.
Later on, all updates should be placed in the specified folder so that the system can find and use them.
You can see the list of updated documents/banknotes on the right panel of the application. Updated documents are grouped by date of update and sorted in descending order. In order to open a document, click on its name.
Updated documents (e.g. the description has been updated or new images have been added) are highlighted in yellow.
New documents are highlighted in green and have the NEW icon.