There is a known problem regarding the data transfer issues such as document detection errors, corrupted images and data etc. It is known that PCs with motherboards based on Intel H81/H87/Q87/Z87 chipsets in some cases have incompatibility issues with Regula Document Readers and Forensic Devices being connected to USB 3.0 ports.
Only applicable to USB 2.0 devices
To solve the problem, use USB 2.0 ports to connect Regula readers. If for some reason this is not possible, e.g. if your computer only has USB 3.0 ports, try the following steps:
- Update USB 3.0 drivers for your PC. It is possible to download them from the Intel web-site.
- Update your motherboard BIOS. You can obtain a new BIOS version from your motherboard manufacturer.
- Change BIOS Setup settings the following way:
- XHCI mode = Manual
- XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Disabled
- Route USB 2.0 Pins to which HC = Route all Pins to EHCI
- Enable USB 3.0 pins = Enable all pins
- XHCI Hand off = Enabled
- EHCI Hand off = Disabled
These BIOS Setup settings may cause problems with Windows installation. Change these settings to the original settings before installing Windows.
Please sign in to leave a comment.