Below you will find some troubleshooting steps if Regula device can't be recognized, or if it is added to the USB-hub in the device manager as the Unrecognized Device.
- Make sure you are using the latest versions of the Document Reader SDK. Here you will find all versions of the Document Reader SDK and will be able to update to the latest one.
- Update the device driver.
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Select a category to see names of devices (Other Devices - Unrecognized Device in your case), then right-click on it and click the Update Driver Software option
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software
- Please pay attention to the version of BIOS you have on your PC or laptop and update it to the latest one. You can find the version of your BIOS by doing the following:
- Open the CMD dialog box by pressing the Windows button, then by writing CMD and pressing the Enter button
- Type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion in the appeared window and press Enter.
- Head to the motherboard manufacturer’s website and find the Downloads or Support page for your specific model of the motherboard. You should see a list of available BIOS versions, along with any changes/bug fixes in each and the dates they were released. Download the version to which you want to update.
- Disable the Fast Boot option in Windows
- Press Win + R to open the Run command dialog box.
- Type Control Panel and then click OK.
- Go to Power Options → System Settings
- Make sure that Turn on fast startup setting is disabled
- Disable the Fast Boot option in BIOS:
- Launch BIOS
- Open the Boot tab
- Click the Boot Configuration tab
- Make sure you unchecked the box near the Fast Boot option
- Disable the charging mode of the portable device:
- Launch BIOS
- Open the Devices tab
- Click the USB tab
- Make sure there is an Off option near the Portable device charging mode.
Please sign in to leave a comment.